Monday 15 February 2010

Angle of Repose


Repose 30 formerly known as patches81 was set up to supply a need that I did not feel was being met.  I had tried unsuccessfully for months to purchase a set of off-road wheels that I could use to ride to the park on.  However each time I found a possible supplier of this type of wheel I was met with disappointment.

I had a meeting in London in October and over the course of the meal we decided to set up a hardware company supplying these wheels and a range of clothing that not only looks appealing but functions.  The aim is to launch a lifestyle brand that does exactly what it says on the tin.

Initially I wanted to launch under the brand name of patches81 but this name was latter replaced by repose30.  Repose embodies our brand in a more self-explanatory way as it represents freedom of movement and chaos.  The angle of repose as stated in previous blogs is the point/ angle at which avalanches occur.

When I was riding in Austria at the weekend off-piste on an avalanche risk day of 4/5 the brand seemed to make sense.  The freedom of movement that you get from riding off-piste, being able to choose your own path is exactly what repose30 stands for.  These wheels and clothes help you choose your own path and go against the grain….

No comments:

Post a Comment